COMMISSIONING A PORTRAIT

COMMISSIONING A PORTRAIT:
For answers to your questions about commissioning a portrait with me, I welcome you to visit "Commissions" and "Pricing", and review more examples of my portraiture at http://www.monaconner.com .
Lead time required for a portrait commission is commensurate with the detail and the technique being utilized. For any further questions please contact me at mona@monaconner.com.
A note that on occasion I post drawings from life, as well as drawings of nude models, as it is an important traditional practice which improves my ability in portraiture.
All images and content of this blog are © Mona Diane Conner 2014 and may not be reproduced

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Update #3 on the portrait commission of Lil and Mike

Lil and Mike in progress in oil over gold leaf

Still partly an underpainting, but I made some great progress on it this week, so here's another look at Lil and Mike.  More to come on it soon.

4 comments:

  1. This is looking beautiful Mona! LOVE the red against the gold and the pose is so sweet and endearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wes and Rachelle, I'm really enjoying working on this one! The wonderful photo reference I am painting from was taken by Mike's father, John, who was a professional photographer, and worked for the Daily News.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is coming along beautifully mona. thank you so much for your comment and the tips on saving mixed paint. all greatly appreciate. hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suz, and you're welcome. Doing fine, working away. Hope it's a good day in the studio for each of us tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete